The Wedding MC’s Duties
These duties (which are all covered in How To Be A FUN Wedding MC) will include…
1. Opening the reception by welcoming the guests.
2. Introducing yourself as the Master of Ceremonies for the reception.
3. Formally introducing the bride and groom’s parents to the guests, ensuring that pronunciations of first and last names are correct.
4. Introducing the bridal party in the order they will be seated at the head table.
5. Creating an atmosphere of anticipation and announcing the entrance of the newlyweds with enthusiasm and applause.
6. Introducing the person who will say the blessing or grace prior to serving the main meal
7. Introducing each guest before they give their wedding speech or toast.
8. Giving a speech if requested to do so.
9. Reading messages of congratulations from friends and relatives who were unable to attend the ceremony and reception. To add humor to the occasion, it’s acceptable to include several humorous “made up” telegrams (which are usually directed towards the groom).
10. Announcing the ceremonial cutting of the cake.
11. Informing the guests that the throwing of the bouquet and garter are about to take place.
12. Announcing the commencement of the dancing.
13. Announcing the first dance by the bride and groom and inviting them to take to the dance floor.
14. Informing the guests that the bride and groom will be leaving the reception shortly.
15. Officially ending the reception, thanking the guests for attending, and wishing them a safe trip home.
Your duties as Master of Ceremonies play an important role in ensuring the reception runs smoothly, the guests have an enjoyable time, and the bride and groom are left with a wonderful memory for years to come.
Wedding MC Speech
Giving a speech? Click here for a FREE copy of The Wedding MC’s Speech Guide.
Wedding MC Jokes
Be sure to check out the Wedding MC Joke Book – a collection of 101 clean, tasteful, funny Wedding MC Jokes that every Master of Ceremonies should have on hand at the reception.
It even shows you how to tell your jokes for maximum effectâ€¦where to use them in the agendaâ€¦and gives you ideas on how to make the normally dull and boring announcements fun and entertaining.
How To Be A FUN Wedding MC
At The Reception
If you’re a novice or first-time Master of Ceremonies then chances are you don’t know where to start, what to do, or what to say at the reception.
How To Be A FUN Wedding MC is your guide to creating a FUN and memorable reception.
It shows you how to “kick things up” because no-one enjoys a dull and boring reception.
It has checklists, worksheets, a complete list of Wedding MC Duties and Responsibilities, fun group activities, entertainment ideas, how to introduce the bridal party, the bride and groom, and speakers, and much, much more.
How To Be A FUN Wedding MC is definitely worth checking out – especially if you want to do well as the Master of Ceremonies and create a FUN reception.